Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New crochet book

i am so excited!  My sweet daughter gave me a gift card to Michaels for babysitting so she could have a "Girl's weekend"(She knows Michaels and Hobby Lobby are dear to my heart.  My DD's know, once I go in...it could be a while before they see me again).  After much perusing of the craft books I found, " Crocheting on the Edge" , by Nicky Epstein.  I would recommend this book for anyone who loves to crochet, it has many, beautiful fringes, edgings, bobbles, projects, and so much more.  For those of you who like to add beautiful elements to your already purchased garments, some of these edgings would be so pretty added on to a t-shirt or sweater neckline, or sleeve edge. 


Don't pay attention to the date on my photo, I apologize for that, my camera is doing something goofy and putting old dates on my photos.  I have yet to figure out why.  I will show a couple of examples of projects I like.  Nicky also has a book on crochet flowers, also.  It's on my wish list....hmm..I wonder if my daughter needs another "Girl's Weekend!!??!!

I tried my hand at making a bib necklace, I have been seeing them everywhere and like the soft, feminine look of them.  I saw several cute ones on Lollychops blog, who,  by the way, I love.  She made one and now she can't stop, but mine didn't turn out so well.  I will show a pic, but don't laugh too hard.  I think I should have curved it more, and maybe added more elements to it.  I like the colors and the fabrics have a nice feel to them, so I guess there is something positive.  If anyone has any suggestions, please comment. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the book is a true jewel and the lace edgings are gorgeous! Must check this out! Thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete