Friday, August 20, 2010

This is my first blog, so please be patient with me,

 I really enjoy reading blogs, so I thought I might like to write one too.  I do a number of crafts, as you could tell by my  profile, and  a lot of times one of my daughters will come over and we will work on a project together.  My little dogs are usually curled up under my chair or are nearby when I am working.
I live in the country,  only a couple of miles from a small town.  When we want to go on a shopping spree, the best places are St. Louis, or Jefferson City.  We have to drive about 35 miles to get to a cinema, if we want to see a movie!  Its a great little town, though, a lot of good people here. 

Being a night-owl, i spend many hours crafting until the wee hours of the morning.  I have been known to still be up ferverently working on a project when my husband is getting up to go to work.  Once i start something, I don't like to quit until I have finished.

I made a bracelet last night, I got a picture of it in my head, and started on it late in the evening and didn't finish until 4:00 a.m.  I like it though,  I will post  a picture of it soon.  I had been wanting to use some plastic rings I had gotten at a yard sale, so I decided to crochet with a pretty,  verigated, size 10 crochet thread, around the rings, and wove them together with ribbon, added a clasp. and a pretty bead in the middle, and now have a new colorful bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment