Monday, March 21, 2011

Gone Too Far?

Sometimes I wonder if I go too far.  Do you ever feel that way?  I get an idea for something, and I will sketch the idea up and it looks appealing and then I start finding the supplies I need, and begin to assemble the project, and that's usually where my idea either comes together beautifully, without any hesitation, or, it turns a weird corner and goes awry.  That's when I think, "Should I waste the time finishing this?  Or, should I scrap it now?"  It's so hard to decide.  I felt like this about this project.  I started off making the round centerpiece as a pin.  I thought it was a somewhat pretty pin, and my daughter saw it and said she loved it and so I decided I would make it into a necklace for her.  Then I started adding parts to it, and making the necklace, and now I am afraid to give it to her, I think I went to far!  I don't have a lot of confidence in my creations anyway, that is one of the reasons I started a blog.  It is a lot easier to show someone your design and not have to be face to face.

So, I am asking for some comments.  If you don't like it, I won't blame you, I made it and I'm not sure if I even like it!  I am thinking of cutting everything off it except the little center circle pin that I started off with.  Decisions...Decisions...

2 comments:

  1. Uh, am i missing something? Where is it? You sound just like me!! i do the same thing. Always go a little too far! But I'd love to see what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, never mind! My 'puter was slow...now I see it! If your daughter likes that type of jewelry then give it to her! I especially like the way you did the "chain" part! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete