Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Anthro Inspired Retro Redesign

These are the earrings!
You may remember, I did an Anthro Knock Off  of the Trapeze Necklace in November, I got my paperclips back out and decided to try another style, more my own, but still with aluminum roofing tape and paperclips.  This time I included some 60's retro looking sequins I have in my craft stash.  I love the look of the 60's go-go that this necklace reflects.  It's super light weight and has a cool vibe.  I added a few silver and black charms here and there, also.  I created a pair of earrings to go along with it, and they are ready for a night on the town.  I am working on a tutorial for the paperclip necklaces, they are so easy and cheap, and there's no limit to what you could create.  Duck tape has some cool new designs that would take well to this project.  As a matter-of-fact, the last time I was at Michaels, I noticed that Duck tape now has 8 1/2  x 11 sheets of Duck tape for use in crafts.  That would also work well.  Has anybody else tried it yet?  It's a pretty cool idea.  I am going to Michaels Friday to get some, I will let you know how it tests out. 

2 comments:

  1. This is really cool looking, great re-do!

    I am stopping by from Tea Rose Home's Link Party, come check out my project, if you can! :)
    http://xsurvivingmotherhoodx.blogspot.com/2011/02/two-new-hybrid-cards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!!! Please check out my party I host every Friday... we would love to have your projects linked up!

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete